Pages

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Apologies about the reference to the DTI in the last post.

The Digital Challenge is actually from the Communities office.

I think there was an e-envoy at some point but I'm not sure what the DTI is doing recently.

Meanwhile KPMG are sponsoring some awards for e-government. I still think the awards and shortlist style of approach will not do much for the digital divide or forms of exclusion.

What is any government doing to support internet cafés? Obviously libraries get some funding but I think that in Exeter for example somewhere like Life Bytes is making a contribution. My intention is to continue a conversation there and connect with other projects when possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will

The DTI has just completed an "Effective Content" initative for the public sector. It can be accessed via the DTI site where it has its own page.