Pages

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Apologies about the reference to the DTI in the last post.

The Digital Challenge is actually from the Communities office.

I think there was an e-envoy at some point but I'm not sure what the DTI is doing recently.

Meanwhile KPMG are sponsoring some awards for e-government. I still think the awards and shortlist style of approach will not do much for the digital divide or forms of exclusion.

What is any government doing to support internet caf├ęs? Obviously libraries get some funding but I think that in Exeter for example somewhere like Life Bytes is making a contribution. My intention is to continue a conversation there and connect with other projects when possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will

The DTI has just completed an "Effective Content" initative for the public sector. It can be accessed via the DTI site where it has its own page.